Senior Care Assistant - £9.18
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Senior Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Glencairn Care Home.
Glencairn is a bespoke private residential home offering its resident’s accommodation akin to that found in a small boutique style hotel. It is centrally located in the Grange area of Edinburgh, with the Meadows and local amenities situated close by. There are 26 bedrooms at Glencairn Care Home.
We have a full time day shift available.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Providing supervision and support to care assistants to ensure that all residents needs are met
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Assessing resident’s needs and formulating care plans with a view to promote individuality and independence
- Supporting the Care Home manger and Team leader in setting the highest professional standards of care in accordance with the current legislation, Care Commission guidelines and the companies policies and procedures
- Ensuring that the holistic care needs of residents are met in accordance with the care plan, National Care Standards and SSSC Codes of practice
The successful applicant will
- Have an SVQ3 (or equivalent) in Social Services & Healthcare
- Have experience as a senior in the care sector
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Effectively communicate with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive, friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.