Registered Nurse - £15.50
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Nurse? We are seeking talented and caring nurses who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Letham Park Care Home.
The Garden House is a modern, purpose built unit located in Letham Park Care Home which accommodates for 50 residents. The home is located in the heart of the Trinity area in Edinburgh and is close to all local amenities. The Garden House is split into two units, and we care for residents with dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
We are currently seeking bank staff. Please note: this is not a part or full time position, hours will be provided as required with reasonable notice to cover sick leave, holidays, staff shortages and vacant hours.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Leading the shift to ensure delivery of excellent care standards
- Promoting independence and positively enhancing the lives of our residents in a dignified and respectful manner
- Assessing residents care needs and providing direct nursing care when required
- Planning, implementing and evaluating the care given to residents
- Maintaining up to date, accurate and personalised care plans for each resident
- Administering prescribed medication to residents in accordance with Renaissance Care’s procedures and the NMC guidelines
- Ensuring medication is ordered, received, stored and returned in the appropriate way
The successful candidate will be
- A qualified Registered Nurse with current NMC registration
- Able to demonstrate a proven ability to lead a team and act as the Nurse in Charge
- Confident in the specific nursing skills required for your position and training.
- Able to work as part of a team under the supervision of the Deputy and Home Manager.
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- An informative induction and on-going, relevant training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.