Maintenance Person - 40hrs/week
£ Dependant on experience
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Maintenance Person? We are seeking talented and caring nurses who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Letham Park Care Home.
The Garden House is a modern, purpose built unit located in Letham Park Care Home which accommodates for 50 residents. The home is located in the heart of the Trinity area in Edinburgh and is close to all local amenities. The Garden House is split into two units, and we care for residents with dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Carrying out day to day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds, in order to ensure that the care home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
- Ensuring the Company’s high standard of presentation is maintained at all times and ensuring an efficient, safe and homely environment for residents
- Ensuring the up keep of the gardens, car park and common areas
- Organising and liaising with external contractors as necessary
- Being responsible for the security to outside storage areas
- Maintaining clear and accurate records in accordance with Health & Safety requirements
The successful candidate will
- Hold a clean UK Driving Licence and have a vehicle
- Have a proven track record in building maintenance
- Be aware of Health & Safety requirements
- Be willing to undertake mandatory training – a recognised trade qualification is desirable
- Adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, including fire
- Practice and promote safe working practices within the Home
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.