UZLaundry Assistant – £7.51 - G46 7UZ
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Laundry Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Whitecraigs Care Home.
Whitecraigs is tastefully decorated, and has TV lounges and quiet sitting rooms overlooking flower beds and private gardens. For residents' use, we also have a fully equipped sensory room. There are 58 single en-suite bedrooms. We're situated close to shops, public transport, the M77 motorway and other amenities. Mearns Shopping Centre is just two miles away.
We have two positions available - 30hrs/week and 25hrs/week
Your duties will include
- Collecting and sorting laundry, taking great care with residents personal laundry
- Washing all linen sent to the laundry in the correct manner, washing delicate materials by hand and ensuring deep colours are washed separately.
- Pressing laundry and repairing clothing as necessary
- Ensuring machines are correctly used, monitored and maintained, and any faults or damage reported immediately.
- Cleaning floors and generally maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the laundry area
- Be aware of COSHH requirements and have knowledge of all products used in the laundry. Ensuring that COSHH risk assessments are adhered to.
The successful applicant will
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Be able to demonstrate good time management
- Have an understanding of COSHH and HACCP.
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature, ensuring residents’ dignity and privacy are respected.
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.