Laundry Assistant – £7.51 - AB22 8UR
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Laundry Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Jesmond Care Home.
Jesmond Care Home is a brand new, purpose built care home with space for 65 residents in single occupancy en-suite rooms. The home is located in the heart of the bridge of Don and is close to all local amenities. Jesmond is split into three units; we care for residents with advanced stages of dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
Please note: this is a bank position with no guaranteed contracted hours. Hours will be provided as required to cover sick leave, holidays, staff shortages, etc.
Your duties will include
- Collecting and sorting laundry, taking great care with residents personal laundry
- Washing all linen sent to the laundry in the correct manner, washing delicate materials by hand and ensuring deep colours are washed separately.
- Pressing laundry and repairing clothing as necessary
- Ensuring machines are correctly used, monitored and maintained, and any faults or damage reported immediately.
- Cleaning floors and generally maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the laundry area
- Be aware of COSHH requirements and have knowledge of all products used in the laundry. Ensuring that COSHH risk assessments are adhered to.
The successful applicant will
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Be able to demonstrate good time management
- Have an understanding of COSHH and HACCP.
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature, ensuring residents’ dignity and privacy are respected.
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.