Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Kitchen Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Meadowlark Care Home.
Meadowlark Care Centre is situated on the outskirts of the small town of Forres and provides 24 hour nursing care to elderly (generally frail) residents with conditions such as Dementia, Stroke, Parkinson’s disease and offers end of life care all in a friendly and homely environment.
Purpose built in 1988 Meadowlark is a single storey building set in its own well maintained grounds. We have 57 single occupancy rooms, many of which have en–suite facilities. The home is split into 3 units. Pine and Willow are for generally frail residents with Beech being a designated dementia unit.
Responsibilities and Duties
Y our duties will include
- Assisting in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals for the residents.
- Setting tables prior to meals and clearing them after meal times.
- Putting away stores, as directed by the Cook
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, serving and dining areas.
- To wash and store crockery, cutlery and other kitchen utensils and to report breakages
- Complying with COSHH requirements, Health and Safety at Work Act and Environmental Health Guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful applicant will
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ideally have experience in a similar environment
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed, weekly contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.