Kitchen Assistant – £7.51 – AB21 9XU
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Kitchen Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Persley Castle Care Home.
Persley Castle Care Home is a converted period house with 40 beds, 3 miles from the centre of Aberdeen providing accommodation for a maximum of 40 residents including up to 35 older people and 5 adults with physical impairment. The home enjoys an excellent reputation locally for providing first class care.
This is a part time position for 22hrs per week.
Your duties will include
- Assisting in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals for the residents.
- Setting tables prior to meals and clearing them after meal times.
- Putting away stores, as directed by the Cook
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, serving and dining areas.
- To wash and store crockery, cutlery and other kitchen utensils and to report breakages
- Complying with COSHH requirements, Health and Safety at Work Act and Environmental Health Guidelines.
The successful applicant will
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ideally have experience in a similar environment
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.