Kitchen Assistant – £7.51 - EH6 4NN - 44hrs/week
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Kitchen Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Letham Park.
The Garden House is a modern, purpose built unit located in Letham Park Care Home which accommodates for 50 residents. The home is located in the heart of the Trinity area in Edinburgh and is close to all local amenities. The Garden House is split into two units, and we care for residents with dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
Your duties will include
- Assisting in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals for the residents.
- Setting tables prior to meals and clearing them after meal times.
- Putting away stores, as directed by the Cook
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, serving and dining areas.
- To wash and store crockery, cutlery and other kitchen utensils and to report breakages
- Complying with COSHH requirements, Health and Safety at Work Act and Environmental Health Guidelines.
The successful applicant will
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ideally have experience in a similar environment
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed, weekly contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.