Kitchen Assistant – £7.51 – G46 7UZ
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Kitchen Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Whitecraigs Care Home.
Whitecraigs is tastefully decorated, and has TV lounges and quiet sitting rooms overlooking flower beds and private gardens. For residents' use, we also have a fully equipped sensory room. There are 58 single en-suite bedrooms. We're situated close to shops, public transport, the M77 motorway and other amenities. Mearns Shopping Centre is just two miles away.
We are currently seeking a bank Kitchen Assistant. Please note: this is a 0 contracted hours position. Hours will be provided as required to cover sick leave, holidays, etc.
Your duties will include
- Assisting in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals for the residents.
- Setting tables prior to meals and clearing them after meal times.
- Putting away stores, as directed by the Cook
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, serving and dining areas.
- To wash and store crockery, cutlery and other kitchen utensils and to report breakages
- Complying with COSHH requirements, Health and Safety at Work Act and Environmental Health Guidelines.
The successful applicant will
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ideally have experience in a similar environment
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- An informative induction and on-going, relevant training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.