Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Domestic Assistant? We are seeking talented and detail-oriented individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Milford House.
Milford House is a converted Victorian House set in the Duddingston Area of Edinburgh. Milford House is registered to provide 24 hour nursing and general care for up to 30 older people in 28 single occupancy rooms and I double room.
Please note: this is a bank position with no contracted hours. Hours are provided to cover sick leave, holidays, vacant hours, staff shortages etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your duties will include
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness within all areas of the care home to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for the residents at all times.
- Ensuring communal areas and residents bedrooms are clean and tidy.
- Cleaning en-suites, public toilets, baths, and hand basins daily.
- Promoting safe working practices, in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to cleaning schedules, as directed by the Housekeeper.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful applicant will
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Have an understanding of COSHH and HACCP.
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team.
- Have a caring and friendly nature, ensuring residents’ dignity and privacy are respected.
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- An informative induction and on-going, relevant training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.