Cook – IV36 2JT
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Cook? We are seeking a caring and talented Cook who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Meadowlark Care Centre.
Meadowlark Care Centre is situated on the outskirts of the small town of Forres and provides 24 hour nursing care to elderly (generally frail) residents with conditions such as Dementia, Stroke, Parkinson’s disease and offers end of life care all in a friendly and homely environment.
This position is Part Time for 25.5hrs per week.
Your duties will include:
- Organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
- Being responsible for the planning, preparing, quality and presentation of food in the care home.
- Undertaking the monitoring of stocks, staffing levels, portion control, quality etc. in accordance with the budgetary controls provided by the company.
- Supervising staff to work within COSHH and HACCP.
- Assisting in the interviewing, selection and supervision of kitchen staff.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a Recognised Catering Qualification and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Have proven experience managing kitchen staff.
- Have experience in cooking for large groups and menu planning.
- Be fully aware and comply with infection control policies and procedures.
- Be able to support staff in the care home in the achievement of the highest possible standards, the minimisation of waste and the promotion of economic and cost effective budgeting.
- Be able to use information and knowledge obtained from residents as well as dietary questionnaires to plan menus for the care home, in consultation with the Home Manager and to suggest alternatives if necessary.
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and on-going, relevant training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.