Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Team Leader? We are seeking talented and caring induvials who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Letham Park Care Home.
Mathieson House is a 'C' listed period property, which forms part of Letham Park Care Home, and provides private residential care within the Trinity area of Edinburgh. Mathieson House provides accommodation for twenty residents within a boutique hotel setting and provides 24 hour support.
We have a 33hr maternity leave position available on night shift.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delegating work to all care staff and monitoring the care given in conjunction with the Senior Care Assistants
- Contributing to the personal needs of the individual resident and ensuring they enjoy a good quality of life by promoting a friendly, caring and safe environment.
- Ensuring that residents retain their dignity, choice and individuality.
- Helping induct, train and supervise colleagues and junior members of staff in all aspects of their work in the Home.
- Providing care for the terminally ill residents and perform last offices.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Management qualification or a minimum of an SVQ3 with willingness to work towards an SVQ4 Management qualification
- Medication administration training
- At least one year’s experience working in a care setting.
- To adhere to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing in the role.
- To ensure all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.