Care Assistant - Glencairn
1x 40.5hrs day shift
1x Bank Position
Glencairn Care Home is a bespoke, luxury private residential care home offering its resident’s accommodation akin to that of small boutique style hotels. It is located within the Grange area of Edinburgh with the Meadows park and other local amenities close by. The home is set up to cater for 26 private residents, each room with its own en-suite bathroom, TV, telephone and private furniture. The catering on site is offered as an around the clock restaurant style of dining, all food is produced on site using local ingredients daily.
At Renaissance Care we strive to create a friendly and supportive environment and believe that to provide the necessary care and support to our residents we must have a committed, passionate and friendly team. We are always seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for.
Your duties will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Have either a SVQ2/3 or a relevant SVQ qualification
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Have experience in the care sector
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
We offer continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.
Successful applicants will be expected to cover the cost of a PVG Scheme application, current member renewal costs will be covered by the company.
*No Agencies Please
Job Type: Permanent