Care Assistant - £8.49
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Jesmond Care Home.
Jesmond Care Home is a brand new, purpose built care home with space for 65 residents in single occupancy en-suite rooms. The home is located in the heart of the bridge of Don and is close to all local amenities. Jesmond is split into three units; we care for residents with advanced stages of dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
We are currently seeking bank staff. Please note this is not a full time or part time position and shifts will be provided as needed to cover sick leave, holidays, etc.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Have either a SVQ2/3 or a relevant SVQ qualification
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Have experience in the care sector
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- An informative induction and on-going, relevant training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.