Care Assistant - £8.49
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Persley Care Home.
Persley Castle Care Home is a converted period house with 40 beds, 3 miles from the centre of Aberdeen providing accommodation for a maximum of 40 residents including up to 35 older people and 5 adults with physical impairment. The home enjoys an excellent reputation locally for providing first class care.
We have a position for 33hrs+/week shift available on day shifts as well as vacancies for Bank Staff.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Preferably have an SVQ2 (or equivalent) in Social Services & Healthcare
- Have experience in the care sector
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive, friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.