Care Assistant - £8.49
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at our Whitecraigs Care Home.
Whitecraigs is tastefully decorated, and has TV lounges and quiet sitting rooms overlooking flower beds and private gardens. For residents' use, we also have a fully equipped sensory room. There are 58 single en-suite bedrooms. We're situated close to shops, public transport, the M77 motorway and other amenities. Mearns Shopping Centre is just two miles away.
We have a full time and part time night shift available as well as vacancies for Bank Staff.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Have either a SVQ2/3 or a relevant SVQ qualification
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Have experience in the care sector
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and on-going, relevant training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.