Care Assistant - £8.49 - Nights
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Levenhall Care Home.
Levenhall Care Home is registered to provide nursing care for up to twenty-three older people and is made up of two semi-detached houses, which have been converted to one building with accommodation on two floors. Stairs and a passenger lift give access to the upper floor.
The home is situated in a residential area on the outskirts of Musselburgh, approximately one mile from the town centre and close to a number of main bus routes.
We are currently recruiting for a part time night shift.We also have vacancies for bank staff.
Your key responsibilities will include
· Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
· Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
· Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
· Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
· Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
· Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
· Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
· Have either a SVQ2/3 or a relevant SVQ qualification
· Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
· Have experience in the care sector
· Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
· Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
· Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
· A competitive rate of pay
· Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours