Letham Park Garden House Care Home is a purpose built care home with space for 50 residents in single occupancy en-suite rooms, while Letham Park Mathieson House is a private care residence for those needing no nursing care, it recently opened and has 20 bedrooms. The home is located in the heart of the Trinity area in Edinburgh and is close to all local amenities.The home is split into two units, and we care for residents with dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit. Letham Park Care Home also has a large enclosed garden for the residents to enjoy & recuperate in, as well as two conservatories for those traditional Scottish days. At Renaissance Care we strive to create a friendly and supportive environment and believe that to provide the necessary care and support to our residents we must have a committed, passionate and friendly team.
We are always seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for. We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Care Assistants to come join our team at our Letham Park Care Home based in Edinburgh, your hours will be provided on a rota basis; therefore, you must be willing to be flexible.
Your duties will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Ideally have experience in the care sector
- Have either a SVQ2/3 or a relevant SVQ qualification
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
Successful applicants will be expected to cover the cost of a PVG Scheme application, current member renewal costs will be covered by the company.
No Agencies Please