Care Assistant (Nightshift)
£8.49 per hour
Jesmond Care Home is a purpose built care home with space for 65 residents in single occupancy en-suite rooms, the home is brand new and opened in 2008. The home is located in the heart of the bridge of Don and is close to all local amenities. The local community is important to the residents at the Bridge of Don as well as their families.
At Renaissance Care we strive to create a friendly and supportive environment and believe that to provide the necessary care and support to our residents we must have a committed, passionate and friendly team. We are always seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for. The home is split into three units, and we care for residents with advanced stages of dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
We are currently recruiting for highly motivated Care Assistants for various shifts. Your hours will be provided on a rota basis; therefore, you must be willing to be flexible.
We are also looking for bank staff for both day and nights shift.
Your duties will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Ideally have experience in the care sector
- Have either a SVQ2/3 or a relevant SVQ qualification
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
We offer continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.
*No Agencies Please