Care Assistant - £8.49
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at our Meadowlark Care Centre.
Meadowlark Care Centre is situated on the outskirts of the small town of Forres and provides 24 hour nursing care to elderly (generally frail) residents with conditions such as Dementia, Stroke, Parkinson’s disease and offers end of life care all in a friendly and homely environment.
Purpose built in 1988 Meadowlark is a single storey building set in its own well maintained grounds. We have 57 single occupancy rooms, many of which have en–suite facilities. The home is split into 3 units. Pine and Willow are for generally frail residents with Beech being a designated dementia unit.
We have a full time day and night shift positions available for 35hrs+/week
Your key responsibilities will include
- Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
- Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
- Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
- Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
- Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
- Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
- Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
- Preferably have an SVQ2 (or equivalent) in Social Services & Healthcare
- Have experience in the care sector
- Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
- Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
- Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
- An informative induction and a supportive, friendly working environment
- Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.