Care Assistant - £8.49
Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Care Assistant? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Wyndwell Care Home.
Long established Wyndwell Care Home is a well-known and popular home situated opposite the harbour in Peterhead. The home has room for 31 residents all in single occupancy rooms, boasts a large lounge area, a dining area, two conservatories and a small lounge overlooking the harbour area.
We have a full time and part time night shift available as well as vacancies for Bank Staff.
Your key responsibilities will include
· Assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, whilst encouraging the resident to remain as independent as possible
· Providing assistance during meal times, ensuring that residents and have a pleasant dining experience
· Treating all residents with respect and ensuring their privacy, dignity and right of choice at all times
· Being aware of the residents care plan and providing person centred care in accordance with this, as directed
· Assisting in maintaining residents care documentation
· Assisting with residents activities, both inside and outside of the care home
· Adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration within 6 months of commencing the role.
The successful applicant will
· Preferably have an SVQ2 (or equivalent) in Social Services & Healthcare
· Have experience in the care sector
· Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
· Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors
· Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
· Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
· A competitive rate of pay
· An informative induction and a supportive, friendly working environment
· Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.