Assistant Cook (Bank)
Beech Manor Care Home, Blairgowrie
Beech Manor Care Home is a purpose built care home with space for 45 residents in single occupancy en-suite rooms, the home is well appointed and reflects the latest in care home provision for both private & local authority funded residents. At Renaissance Care we strive to create a friendly and supportive environment and believe that to provide the necessary care and support to our residents we must have a committed, passionate and friendly team. We are always seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for. The home is split into three units, and we care for residents with advanced stages of dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
We are currently recruiting for highly motivated Assistant Cook to come join our Bank team at our Beech Manor Care Home based in Blairgowrie, Perth & Kinross. This is a bank position and your shifts will be provided on a rota basis; therefore, you must be willing to be flexible.
You will be expected to assist in, and in the absence of the Cook take responsibility for, organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Being responsible for the planning, preparation, quality and presentation of food in the care home.
- Undertaking the monitoring of stocks, staffing levels, portion control, quality etc. in accordance with the budgetary controls provided by the company.
- Supervising staff to work within COSHH and HACCP.
- Assisting in the interviewing, selection and supervision of kitchen staff.
The successful applicant will
- Communicate effectively and work well as part of a team
- Have a caring and friendly nature
- Hold an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Have experience in a similar environment/ position
In return, we will offer you
- A competitive rate of pay
- An informative induction
- On-going training and development
- A supportive and friendly working environment
If you are interested in this position, and a career with Renaissance Care, then please apply below.