Are you a committed, passionate and friendly Activities Coordinator? We are seeking talented and caring individuals who will make a difference to the lives of the residents we care for at Letham Park Care Home
The Garden House is a modern, purpose built unit located in Letham Park Care Home which accommodates for 50 residents. The home is located in the heart of the Trinity area in Edinburgh and is close to all local amenities. The Garden House is split into two units, and we care for residents with dementia, elderly & frail residents as well as an EMI unit.
Your key responsibilities will be
- To organise, plan and implement meaningful activities which meet residents’ needs on a group and individual basis
- Supervising and participating in resident and group activities, ensuring their comfort and safety at all times
- Assisting in fund raising activities, thereby ensuring financial resources are available to pay for outside entertainers and outings
- To work with all staff, residents and relatives to meet the residents social care plans
- Maintaining comprehensive records for residents’ participating in activities
The successful applicant will
· Preferably have an SVQ2 (or equivalent) in Social Services & Healthcare
· Have experience in a care environment
· Have experience within an organisational role and managing finances
· Be compassionate and committed to providing high quality care to our residents
· Communicate effectively with other staff, residents, relatives and visitors.
· Work well as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team
· Ensure all information of a confidential nature gained is not divulged to third parties
In return, we will offer you
· A competitive rate of pay
· Guaranteed weekly, contracted hours
· An informative induction and a supportive, friendly working environment
· Continuous training and improvement to help all employees deliver and maintain the level of care we strive for, as well as achieving your own goals within a care setting.